Monday, September 8, 2008

Here I Am

As Bernie Mac once said, "Here I am...Here I am, Muthafuckas!" It took a lifetime to get to this point, and now it's finally here. I'm doing what I love to do best, write. Many if you know me from working on The Gramblinite, the student newspaper at Grambling State University, where I served as editor in chief. I have now decided to move on and explore different opportunities that will allow me to express myself in a way different than working for a personal media.

Being a journalist has never been easy, and in the modern world we are even more victim to public opinion on every bit of information written. Luckily, I will now be able to say the things that I couldn't say and piss off the people who really deserve it when need be.

Most of all, I plan to use this blog to at times talk about my personal life, the entertainment industry, politics and whatever else happens in the world. I totally understand the power of the pen, when you write something you open yourself up for criticism. I'm prepared for that and eager to take the challenge of discussing things that need to be addressed, while making a impact on this nation while afforded the opportunity.

No comments: